1.29.2011

This months Sketch Slackers theme was the TRON movies. I am 'that guy' who has never seen either of the films. So I tried to do something a little more experimental. I created a dimensional TRON logo using only one sheet of paper by cutting, scoring and folding it over on itself. I found reference of someone doing this technique online and loved it.

I created a digital pattern in Illustrator and printed on the paper both sides. That way the TRON logo would really pop off the background.

2 comments:

large format photo printing said...

Nicely done! In what site did you get the technique on making this? reading your post makes me realize it was it cut-out. I was thinking it was photoshop.

Keith_Allen_Designs said...

Thanks "Large Format Photo Printing"...this wasn't a tutorial or anything. I found reference on ffffound.com where someone had created the word 'love' by cutting into a single white piece of paper and folding it over itself. Unfortunately I didn't save the link. I did it my own way by adding graphics then photographing it.